By : Dr. Sanjay Kumar Agarwal, Executive Editor, ICN Group
(I welcome you all to this series of articles titled ‘Sleep – It’s Body Repair Time’. Before I start, please accept my heartful thanks for loving and appreciating my series of articles ‘Excellence With GOPTA©’, which completed 100 articles recently and created history at ICN. I will do my best to justify your love and affection in this series of articles as well.)
DO YOU FEEL LETHARGIC ALL THE TIME?
Have you ever wondered:-
- why some people always feel lethargic during the awaken period;
- what is the correct quantum of sleep;
- why some people look fresh & energetic during whole day and some people always look lethargic during the awaken period;
- why your laziness impacts your productivity at your workplace;
- what is the most appropriate time to leave the bed;
- why efforts to wake up early are busted in a week or two;
- how some people in your family are awake in the morning without using alarm;
- what are the ways to compensate for long accumulated short sleep?
If the answer is ‘YES’, don’t worry. You are not alone. Most of us face these challenges in our daily lives. Since childhood, I also used to wonder how is it that most of the people look drowsy all the day and keep on yawning all the day. I used to wonder how it is possible that so many people are victims of short sleep. I researched a lot on sleep and found the true reasons for their drowsiness which I will discuss in this series of articles titled ‘Sleep – It’s Body Repair Time’.
You must be wondering why I have named this article series as ‘Sleep – It’s Body Repair Time’.
The reason is that as to me, sleep period is the period where the body & mind both are refurbished out of fatigue accumulated during the workday. As we all know, during the day, the body is engaged in getting the things done and it has virtually no opportunity to take much care of itself. However, during sleep, more energy is devoted to repairing of cells and churning out helpful proteins, etc. Without sleep, we would be less able to break down the sugar consumed by us. Recoveries from injuries like torn muscles etc. also happens during sleep at a faster pace. Brain also gets refurbished during sleep.
- If due to any reason whatsoever, you face short sleep, you may face serious consequences like drowsiness, anxiety and/or depression, daytime yawning, erratic mood, decreased cognitive performance, poor decision making, bad memory, unusual weight gain, metabolic disorders, immune system disorders, hypertension to name a few out of countless possible hazards.
I believe that the sleep is the function of healthy body, so in this series of articles, I will deal the issue of sleep alongwith health. Little healthy habits are conducive to quality sleep. Little precautions against the enemies of sleep can also lead you to a good night’s sleep.
Now coming to the point right away, when I researched on sleep and found that most of them are not suffering from short sleep. On the contrary, I found 2 main reasons for their drowsiness-
1.They are taking more sleep than required; and
1. They are not waking up at correct point of time.
I will discuss both of these points in detail in this series of articles.
A good night’s sleep is your birthright unless you deliberately choose to forego it for poor sleep.
– Sanjay Kumar Agarwal
Disclaimer: This series of articles is not written from a medical perspective towards sleep related problems. This series is written for the common man desirous to improve his sleep patterns so that he may enjoy energy & vigour during the awaken period and enhance his productivity.
[In the next article, we will know how GOPTA is useful in improving sleep patterns. So, stay tuned to improve your sleep patterns.]
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Agarwal, Creator & trademark holder of the concept G.O.P.T.A.TM is an Author, Certified NLP Lifestyle Trainer, Strategic Interventionist, Corporate Trainer & Transformational Life Coach (http://bit.ly/Signature-Workshops-Sanjay-Kumar-Agarwal) and recipient of Honorary Doctorate of Excellence (Management) by prestigious Young Scientist University, California, USA. He is creator of ‘Triple Your Chances’ program for growth & success ( www.tripleyourchances.in/tyc ). He is Founder of ‘International GOPTA NLP Academy’ and is popularly known among his fans & followers across the globe as ‘Time and Goal Guru’.